Have you seen this screw/faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

amoncarter

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

I am hoping someone of the forum has seen my type faucet before.. I have several of these that are leaking and am looking for help identifying the faucets. There are some at 4inch and some at 8inch, but with identical handles/screws (see below) - so a safe bet that they are the same company.

the large ones (not pictured) actually say Delta in the front - but Delta customer service cannot identify the faucets.

They all have a hex head (color coded to water temperature) screw in the handle - and most of mine have been stripped by someone using a Philips instead of an allen wrench before I got there.

Questions:

1. Can anyone definitely identify these as Delta (in which case their generic seat/spring will work)
2. Any ideas on the screws - I can't seem to find anything on color coded hex head screws..
3. Is the colored screw just to indicate temperature and should I be looking for a hidden set screw or some other way to take off the handle?

Thanks/Micky

Attachments

• faucet 005.jpg
    faucet 005.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 328
  • faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 302

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pull the handle that you removed the screw from and take a picture of the stem underneath it. THAT will be a better indicator of the manufacturer than the handle or screw.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Moen has a commercial lav that uses colored TORX screws on the handles. It would help a lot if you took out the cartridge and posted a pic of what's inside that faucet. If it is seats and springs, delta parts probably work no matter who made it.

amoncarter

Reaction score
Closure

Thanks for all the help - Delta seat/springs worked. The aluminum red/blue screws are special order.

Asktom

Reaction score
If you aren't worried about somebody stealing the handles, just use a regular slotted or phillips head handle screw.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks