(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Good/Best tankless heater valve kit

Default Good/Best tankless heater valve kit

Hi all, this is an awesome forum! Just happened upon it doing some browsing and I have to say it is quite informative

In any case, does anyone have an input or opinions on a good brand of tankless water heater service valve kit? I have a steibel electric tempra 24 being mounted flat on a wall but don't seem to know which brand(s) may be better or worse as far as reliability, especially with leaking problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Personal opinion:
    1. Webstones current kit is junk. Valves are always stuck and they tend to leak in weird places. THe unions also can be problematic. I no longer use them.
    2. Simbario is a good kit but can have the same problem with the tiny handles sticking, like all the others with small handle valves. I give it a 8.
    3. Brass craft...yuck. Looks like it was made in a garage. Give it a 3.
    4. Jomar - Full handle valves best unions going and compact. I give it a 9. IT would get a 10 if it had separate valves for the flush port. THey use a 3-way ball to change flow directions for the flush port.
    5. THe kits offered by the tankless mfg'ers other than Webstones are pretty much similar. Small handle valves I don't like adn quality varies. Probably a 4-7 for me.

So for me it's easy...JOMAR!

sorry for the late followup, but thanks for the info, it is very valuable!

I haven't had much luck sourcing the jomar 810-514 out here in CA, nobody even wants to order it for me!!!

I know this is kind of late, but this might help someone else. I found the Jomar on **** from several places for $95 shipped. Webstone's is cheaper at around $65 shipped on e-bay.