Another Bryant Evolution Question

Users who are viewing this thread

turkinpa

Reaction score
Today I had installed in my home a Bryant 355 CAV furnace, 187BNA 036-A Air handler, and an Evolution control system.
My question is when I change the fan speed at the thermostat, shouldn't at some point the fan motor run faster or slower depending on the setting? No matter where it is set, (low, medium, high, or auto) the fan motor remains constant. And there is no change in the amount of air being pushed out of the duct work. Is it possible the wiring was done wrong? The house won't cool down below 77 deg. The contractor only says "you gotta give the equipment 48 to 72 hrs. to remove the humidity."
I'm confused and HOT!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lightwave

Reaction score
The fan speed button on the Evolution thermostat sets fan speed for when the system is idle. Fan speed is set by the thermostat (without any user adjustment options) when the system is heating or cooling.

Evolution control wiring is largely 'all or nothing.' Miswiring won't cause malfunctions; it will prevent the system from working at all.

As far as not cooling below 77, how hot was your house before this system was installed? If you had indoor and outdoor temperatures over 100, it will take a while (a day or more) to draw down indoor conditions to something tolerable. If, on the other hand, you've had the system for a few days and/or had livable conditions inside before turning on the AC, then there's probably something wrong.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks