Drake parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdon88

Reaction score
After some internet searching I decided to buy a Drake to replace the 1954 and 1962 toilets in my new house. I was wondering about replacement parts. How long are the innards expected to last and are they hard to find? What about the seat, I keep hearing about the soft close seat. That one and the others seem expensive, do regular seats available in the box stores fit? Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses two different flush valves...one is by Korky (made for Toto) and I'm not sure of the other. Both work well. The korky version has one wear part that is available at Lowes and any plumbing store. The flappers are avaiable at Lowes as well. Prices, about $3 and $10 respectively. There is another company that makes a soft-close seat. It's good when there are children around and is nice for adults as well...no late night bangs or caught fingers or other parts. There are generally two sizes of toilet seats: round, and elongated. Most will fit. the differences are exact fit and color match. that is subjective, but they will fit. I like the soft-close feature.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One of the very strong points in favor of the Toto toilets is the fact that replacement parts are off the shelf items at virtually any hardware store or plumbing supply at a reasonable cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks