PEX stub outs - how do you do yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

TristanP

Reaction score
This is for the laundry sink on/in a base cabinet in the laundry room move I'm still working on. Would you go with this

200702_PEX_012.jpg

or this?

h150500-3.jpg

I believe I have space for either. PEX is 1/2". Thanks.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That's fine. For a complete idea of all the PEX stub out and hanging options try Souix Chief's web site. If it's for plastic, they make it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There are a multitude of acceptable methods, if there was an aggressive water condition I would go with as much PEX as possible.

Asktom

Reaction score
If it was going in my house I would use the DE 90 and a brass nipple. Brass will hold up better than bent tube with aggressive water and repairs or alterations in the future will be simpler with less things that can go wrong. (No pulling of compression sleeves, for example)

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If I had too ( and mind you I wouldn't use pex for a dog house ) I would use bend supports and bring the pex right out through the wall and then you can just whack it off to the right length and use a Sharkbite stop and waste valve. Less fittings = less leaks.

Rmelo99

Network Engineer
Reaction score
I used the drop ear type that you showed in your second pic. That allowed me to use conventional brass nipples and stops under all of the sinks. I have a home run pex system, and with all the issues with bad brass fittings in the pex world, I wish I hadn't.

I've not had an issues but those are my one weak spot. I don't anticipate any problems with the tubing. If I did it again I would probably bring the pex out of the wall with those metal stud to stud brackets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks