Removing vintage Widespread American Standard Bathroom sink faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

AlexinSeattle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm a fairly handy diy guy, but sometimes I need a little advice.

I have a 1961 house that has old American Standard widespread faucets on the bathroom sinks. I'm having a problem getting the pipes off where they connect to the spout base. I'm assuming this is a friction fit and they just slide on. I've tried prying with a screw driver, but they won't budge. They do move side to side, so I know they do move a little, just not down and off.

I also need to remove the spout itself. Any tips?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• American-Standard-web2.jpg
    American-Standard-web2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,457
  • American-Standard-web1.jpg
    American-Standard-web1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,318
  • American-Standard-web3.jpg
    American-Standard-web3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,674
Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have to remove the tube from the other valve body. Then just pull down while twisting back and forth. The rubber seal is squeezed into the threads and you have to get it to slide down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks