sump pump basin

Users who are viewing this thread

Christoff

Reaction score
hi, im in the middle of putting a sump pump and basin in,and i dug down the 24" deep.
my intentions are to hook up the weeping tiles to it. after about a day the hole is completely full of water, but not from the weeping tiles so i assume i have a high water table. my question is do i put the basin in the hole and backfill around the basin with 3/4" crushed stone, put the weeper drain into the one of the basin hole, and drill holes into the basin to take away the water that surrounds the basin? if so how high to drill and how many holes?
if i have to install this basin a different way i would appreciate anyone explaining the proper way to go about it thanks.

Jdon88

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. Weep tiles go into edge of open pit, I want to put a basin in with submersable pump. Do I cut holes in the basin and extend the weeping tiles into it or just let the tiles drain thru the crushed stone and into the basin thru the small holes? Thanks

Christoff

Reaction score
in my case i have a high water table which is where the water is coming from right now so the basin i bought was 30" deep x18" round so i needed to drill holes at 3,6,9,12 oclock all around the basin up to about 1 foot from the bottom
the weepers have not drained yet , (not enough rain i guess)

Christoff

Reaction score
i used a 1/2" drill bit, basically if you space them like a clock at top and bottom, and side to side about 2" up, then another set at 2" more etc. until you get to a foot high

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks