Whirlpool WHES30

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin7588

Reaction score
Okay I'll get straight to the point. The softener is not producing soft water, we replaced the venturi and nozzle. The flow indicator shows no water when the faucet is open. So we replaced the sensor and check the turbine for binding nothing. So I pulled out the sensor and looked in the pipe with a flashlight with the water running, and there is no water passing through the OUT pipe. ANY IDEAS Please. :confused:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water goes in but does not come out ?

Then there is some thing up with the disc , that is the gray part that you see in the middle of the metal wheel and under the motor that turns it.

There is another , the upper basket is so loaded that there is no water flow through it to the resin and then into the house.

Kevin7588

Reaction score
I just checked the upper basket, which mind you i thought i cut off the water, which i did NOT.
The upper basket is a little yellow but not clogged. Now how do i get to the disc without getting soaked, if you please.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You put the softener in by pass or shut off the water to it and the house.

If the metering isn't showing water use and counting down gallons, and you have replaced the turbine, then you have a circuit board problem like no contact between the board and turbine cable plug etc., or a bad board.

Kevin7588

Reaction score
Okay this thing is weird, after i disconnected everything and put it back together now it shows flow when we turn on the faucet.
It seems to be working now, but how much water is supposed to be in the salt storage tank ?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
You probably dislodged some debris that was preventing the turbine wheel from spinning.

You will have as much water in the tank at the rate of 1 gallon per 3 lbs of salt used in the Brine Refill cycle.

Do a manual regeneration now because it hasn't been regenerating as it should have.

Kevin7588

Reaction score
We done a regeneration, so when does the water level drop. It's about 1.5 - 2ft of water.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
When it is sucked out during teh brine draw position of a regeneration. Then water is put back in to be used the next regeneration but, yours may not work that way. It may put the water in at the beginning of the next regeneration, and if that's the way yours is supposed to work, it didn't suck the water out this regeneration. That means the resin is not regenerated.

The cause is usually a blocked injector, injector screen or throat or drain line or loose brine line fittings allowing air suction instead of heavy brine.

Check out the troubleshooting animation here;
www.kenmorewater.com

Kevin7588

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone, just wanted to let you know everything is working good now.

dlobmwm3

Reaction score
I recently have noticed our water is not soft again as well. I have tried to regenerate and with no luck in getting the water to soften. I have held down the program button to get the process to manually go through. What other other things do you suggest beside getting the salt out to see if there is a salt bridge?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks