Mixing valve ?'s

Users who are viewing this thread

TonyBagadonutz

Electrician
Reaction score
Hi folks...been awhile..still working on that bath.

I have a quick question that - hopefully - someone that is familiar with Kohler products can answer for me.

We plan on installing a Kohler K T461 4V :
ccc16095.jpg

The specs state: This Memoirs Rite-Temp pressure-balancing bath and shower faucet ... , which leades me to believe that the mixing valve is included with the 461 - BUT the sheet goes on to show that other items are required: Additional Items Required and then lists a bunch of pressure-balancing valves.

To those "in-the-know"...do I need to buy a "Rite-Temp pressure-balancing valve"?
Kohler

What is the difference between:
K-304-KS ~ Rite-Tempâ„¢ pressure-balancing valve with screwdriver stops
aaa08383_wbg.jpg

and

K-304-K ~ Rite-Tempâ„¢ pressure-balancing valve w/o screwdriver stops
ccc12642.jpg

(Photo shows Rite-Temp(TM) pressure-balancing valve, less screwdriver stops.)

What are the screwdriver stops for?
Do you think I need/ don't need the stops for the bath in a SFH?

Thanks for the help! :)

Sulconst2

Reaction score
the stops are for shutting off the water to work on the valve. nice option for the money. the t461 is a trim kit. valve sold seperate. if you have 3/4" supply to the bath. get the 306-ks. it has 3/4" inlet and outlet. a bit more money but a nice option if its your own house. whatever you do dont get the memoirs toilet!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kohler and others make a lot of their products available as separate rough-in and trim kits. One of the reasons is the builder can rough-in all the houses the same, and offer the buyer a choice of finishes and styles in the trim. It is very important to pay VERY CLOSE attention to part numbers on the catalogs so you understand exactly what you are ordering.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks