Would be thankfull for some advice...waste stack ques.

Users who are viewing this thread

mnzpasquale

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first hav to say really like the site, its great...
Heres my problem, I am adding small powder room and need advice on connecting to main stack.
Layout is done, everything vented and proper pipe sizes,,, just want opinions on best way to connect to main stack. I got my diamond torch blades ready for cutting but I am not sure if a wye or tee fitting would work best? And how to drop down the last 3' within a 4' span?
I am going to hopefully include a rough drawing with this post ( I'm new so I hope I can do it)...

New York State Code

Attachments

• new PLAN.jpg
    new PLAN.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 533
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WHO said the new piping is correct? If this is a vertical stack, then a "Y" with the branch rising up to a 45 which then levels the pipe out to meet your connection.

mnzpasquale

Reaction score
Thanks for reply guys... I am thankfull for your advice... sorry for confusion, I thought showing the joists would show it is a vertical stack, other info I should include is that I am only adding toilet, sink was existing... I was able to place wye within 4' of toilet drain for 2" vent that goes to attic and connects to existing vent ( I made sure to roll wye and go 45 vertical into wall as not to hav flat vent as u guys always advise against) so really my question is just about connecting 3" to 4" cast iron vertical stack. Is this new pic. what u guys mean? I used 45 elbows (2) to drop below joist because someone said it is better flow. I am just trying to get plan...hoping u guys can advise me on whats best and correct...thanks again.

Attachments

• new PLANhelp.png
    new PLANhelp.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 2,314
  • new PLANhelp2.jpg
    new PLANhelp2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 509

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT looks like it will work, although if I were doing it, I would have used a 45 and a 60 degree fitting to make a "rolling 45 angle rather than two 45s and a 90 combination.

mnzpasquale

Reaction score
Thanks HJ.. I will do it like u suggest...I trust your advice is the better way

To answer Mac, my vent is about 3' from flange, I rolled wye coming 45 up to wall then straight up to attic connecting with existing roof vent.

mnzpasquale

Reaction score
Again thanks for the comments...really do want as much advice as you guys can give, this is all theory right now as I havent glued anything, just dry fit... so more advice is welcome

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks