Delta single handle faucet hard to turn after parts replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Norwegianwood

Reaction score
I recently replaced the cam and packing, ball and seats/springs in my 10 year old single handle Delta bathroom faucet. It does not leak from the spout anymore but it is much harder to turn and operate the handle. I have played with the adjusting ring. Any ideas? Thanks.

Asktom

Reaction score
Put some silicone grease on the bottom of the cam washer where it rubs against the ball.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Like HJ said - did you use a genuine Delta replacement part? Most of the repair kits in the big box stores are not; it does make a difference.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you used the correct parts, you do NOT need to lubricate the seal. In fact, if you got the newest kit, it should have had the new one piece seal, rather than the rubber washer and plastic cam.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks