Ideal Standard R1120 Rough Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ebrusse

Reaction score
Hi,
I am almost done with my shower re-tiling job and tonight I went to put on the new trim kit (American Standard Seva single handle T480), and the escutcheon that came with it will not attach to the existing valve.

The old trim kit was also American Standard, however the old rough valve says "Ideal Standard". Looks like they were affiliated companies at one point. The problem is that instead of 2 places to attach the escutcheon screws, I only see one on the bottom of the valve (see photo) Unfortunately I threw away the old trim kit so that's not a fallback option for me.

Any thoughts on whether I can find a trim kit that will work with this valve? I'd rather not rip out tile and install a new valve just because I can't find matching trim.

Thanks,
Eric
valve2.jpgvalve1.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The tile fits too closely to the valve, so there may be additional bolt holes behind it. I have never heard of an "Ideal Standard" brand, but then I have also never seen a valve trim plate that was secured with a single screw either. The handle stem does look like an American Standard "Aquarius", but since they make/made MANY different models, you would have to find the one that fits your valve.

as-r120-trims.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ebrusse

Reaction score
Thanks HJ. I think it actually has a top attachment hole as well, but is covered with glue, so I didn't notice it at first.

At this point, I just need a quick fix, as it's really just the escutcheon attachment that is stopping me (am going out of town next week, and houseguests staying here that need the shower)

ebrusse

Reaction score
Ok, to close the loop on this one (in the unlikely event someone else has this issue as well) I went to a local plumbing wholesaler, and the American Standard trim kit that works with this valve is the "Ceramix" (circa 1991). Model numbers 2000.300, 301, 302 and 2001.300, 301, 302 Doesn't look like the current Ceramix line will work with it.

Good news is parts can still be ordered through factory, bad news is lead time to get parts is weeks out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hey Terry,
I heard back from my A/S rep, and he said this is the R1120 valve, so these are your customer's options:
Colony soft, reliant 3, Princeton, Seva, Portsmouth, Copeland, Ceramix, Moments, Amerillis, Green tea.
Thanks
jen from ABAK

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks