wall mounted toilet repair

Users who are viewing this thread

jaanway

Reaction score
Our house, built around 1964 has wall mounted toilets. One toilet has been slow flushing since we bought the house 22 years ago. It's getting worse. We've tried to snake it and can't get in very far. Next week my husband's going to remove the toilet from the wall and try to clean it out from the other end. He's a very handy guy but, I'm worried. Any advice (notice he's not asking any questions)? And how soon can you get here if all this doesn't work?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kent isn't that far away from Bothell.
Pulling the bowl is easy, he will want to keep all of the fastening nuts and washers.
They normally reinstall with a foam rubber gasket with glue on both sides.
You can also use a reinforced wax seal that says, "Okay for wall-hung" on th e box. It's a special seal.
He's allowed to tighten three securing nuts. the fourth nut can only be hand tight, or you will be calling me for the new Glenwall toilet that I have waiting for you.

glenwall_picture.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In most cases the "three nuts he is allowed to tighten", will be the two lower ones and the upper left hand one. The upper right is installed just slightly past hand tight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks