Pressure-Assisted Toilet Smell

Users who are viewing this thread

caryn

Reaction score
We now have two American Standard cadet wall-mounted pressure-assist toilets. Both bathrooms now have what I can only describe as a "dirty restroom" smell.

We did not have this smell in the bathrooms before, nor do we have it in our third bathroom, which also has a wall-mounted toilet, but it's an old, regular flush toilet.

This isn't anything like sewer gas. I know, because we HAD a sewer gas problem when some pipes in the laundry room wall broke.

Anyone else have this problem?

glenwall_angle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Toilet Odor

When you stated "we now have", do you mean that the toilets were recently installed?
If yes call the installer and have him/her check their work, you may have defective or improperly installed toilet seals. Rear outlet toilets require a special gasket. Regular wax seals can lead to problems.

caryn

Reaction score
To e-plumber: we had that checked!

One of the toilets was very hard to mount, and we had to have the plumber come out twice. He also checked the other toilet. I'll double-check with my husband about a special gasket. Yes, they were recently installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks