(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Another Bryant Evolution Question

Default Another Bryant Evolution Question

Today I had installed in my home a Bryant 355 CAV furnace, 187BNA 036-A Air handler, and an Evolution control system.
    My question is when I change the fan speed at the thermostat, shouldn't at some point the fan motor run faster or slower depending on the setting? No matter where it is set, (low, medium, high, or auto) the fan motor remains constant. And there is no change in the amount of air being pushed out of the duct work. Is it possible the wiring was done wrong? The house won't cool down below 77 deg. The contractor only says "you gotta give the equipment 48 to 72 hrs. to remove the humidity."
    I'm confused and HOT!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by turkinpa; 07-09-2010 at 06:39 PM.

The fan speed button on the Evolution thermostat sets fan speed for when the system is idle. Fan speed is set by the thermostat (without any user adjustment options) when the system is heating or cooling.

Evolution control wiring is largely 'all or nothing.' Miswiring won't cause malfunctions; it will prevent the system from working at all.

As far as not cooling below 77, how hot was your house before this system was installed? If you had indoor and outdoor temperatures over 100, it will take a while (a day or more) to draw down indoor conditions to something tolerable. If, on the other hand, you've had the system for a few days and/or had livable conditions inside before turning on the AC, then there's probably something wrong.