Good or No Good

Users who are viewing this thread

user9391208

Reaction score
Is this a good toilet? I absolutely hate plunging our current small underpowered toilet. Anyone have any experiences with it (good or bad)?
American Standard Champion 4

Attachments

• champ_4.jpg
    champ_4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think you would be better off with the Cadet 3 if you are going with American Standard.,
Performance is similar between the two, they both have 3" flush valves, even if A/S says the Champion has a 4",
It necks down to the original 3" dimension.
It's a funnel.
The Cadet 3 is an easier install and takes up less space in the bathroom.
Just make sure you open the boxes and inspect carefully before bringing them home, save yourself a trip.

Last edited:

user9391208

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. Looking on Lowes website I'm having trouble narrowing it down. Can you tell me the specfic type of Cadet 3 to get? I see Cadet 3,Cadet 3 Flowise, and Cadet 3 Flowiseâ„¢. Each category has multiple toilets under each one. Here are the specific URLs.
http://bit.ly/9XmUw2
http://bit.ly/bQ1QcU
http://bit.ly/bSZGgs
Please remember I'm going more for the power of the flush and leaving nothing behind than the water efficiency of it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The early Champions had issues, hence we are at Champ 4 already!

You may not be interested in the efficeiency, by obama will shove that down your throat. 1.6 gallons per flush is already phasing out, in favor of 1.28 gpf. Most models will achieve that spec by staying with 1.6 for #2, and about 0.5 for #1. The average is what counts.

user9391208

Reaction score
Any idea on the specific model number? I know you said the Cadet 3 but there are so many sub-model numbers. I want to try and pick it up at my local Lowes as soon as possible.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The box stores could have their own numbers. Just make sure you pull both pieces from the box and inspect the porcelain before bringing it home.
It you don't like being the inspector, then you could always pick up a Toto, they inspect theirs before shipping.
Frankly, most of my customers are going for something like a Toto Drake.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I have a Champion 4, without defects it seems. It is a very large toilet, but man, it flushes like a beast with good bowl wash.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks