Users who are viewing this thread

rookws

Reaction score
Very true.

With said then I will go w/the recommended settings you have stated before of:

Backwash: 10 min
Brine/slow rinse: 45 minutes
Fast rinse: 3 minutes
Brine fill: 3 minutes (assumes salt dose of 4.5 lbs, capacity of 15K, and BLFC of 0.5 gpm)

Then I will make adjustments accordingly to get my desired results. In the long run it sounds as though I may need to get a bigger setup then what I have. Till then I'll make do w/what I have.

Thanks for all your suggestions and guidence. I will continued to reserach and learn this system. I know where to go if I get in a jam.

Again, thanks for all the help you guys have done. I wish the best of success for this forum which is pretty cool.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I say go for the high salt and water efficiency and see if that gives you 0 gpg soft and iron free water (which is the only way any softener should work), and if not, then change it until it does.

Setting it as has been suggested and having satisfactory water quality is going to increase your salt and water use making the system more inefficient. No? And AKvan is in Alaska where the water is much different than in the lower 48.

aread

Reaction score
i have a Cole and Massey Model PM 45 water softener and i cant find the manual. where can i get one? i turned the control knob to flush and cannot get it back to "in serv" position. also want to consider changing to one that does not require salt. we are getting older and its harder to lift a 50 lb bag of salt....we switched to 40 lb bags, but they still a bit heavy since i had rota tor cuff surgery.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks