Toilet Shower Sink drain venting, Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

dodge1930

Reaction score
I am relocating my bathroom and the new setup will have: from basement 3" waste stack running up to basement ceiling then horizontal 18' to the front of the house into wye 3x3x2 to pick up shower then 4' into wye 3x3x3 to pick up toilet then into wye 3x3x2 to pick up sink then 3" to 2" to vent up the wall to roof.
Measurements:
4' between shower and toilet.
sink 3-4' from 3"
3" runs directly under shower and toilet bewtween floor joist.

Question:
Is it ok to vent this way?

Thanks
Stephen

Attachments

• bathroom.JPG
    bathroom.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 3,241
Last edited:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am relocating my bathroom and the new setup will have: from basement 3" waste stack running up to basement ceiling then horizontal 18' to the front of the house into wye 3x3x2 to pick up shower then 4' into wye 3x3x3 to pick up toilet then into wye 3x3x2 to pick up sink then 3" to 2" to vent up the wall to roof.
Measurements:
4' between shower and toilet.
sink 3-4' from 3"
3" runs directly under shower and toilet bewtween floor joist.

Question:
Is it ok to vent this way?

Thanks
Stephen

Nope you can't do that because you have a fly dry vent AND you are wet venting a fixture past a water closet. You can't do this either.

You need to tie the sink drain into the vertical "2 vent" you have labelled. Then you also need to try and tie the shower drain in upstream of the toilets trap arm. And if you can't do this then you would technically need to seperately vent the shower without a flat dry vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks