looking for tub and surround

Users who are viewing this thread

cabriggs

Reaction score
Hi. We want to remodel a bathroom. Currently it has an old tub with tiled walls for the shower. My wife hates tile. Absolutely refuses to consider it for the remodel. So I'm looking for tubs with matching shower walls. This is on the second floor, so I need the shower walls to be in multiple pieces.

So far I've found these online:
American Standard Acrylux
Lasco Remodeline
Maax Advanta, Aker
Sterling Acclaim, Accord, Performa, Ensemble

First question: are there any other manufacturers/lines I should look into?

Second: any recommendations? I know my plumber isn't a fan of Maax or Sterling. Any others to avoid?

Thanks much.

-cb

cabriggs

Reaction score
And I forgot to mention that Swanstone is probably out of the budget, unless it costs much less than I think it does.

-cb

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any of those should be fine as long as you do a good job drywalling and painting around the kits when you are done.

I prefer to not use the kits, but get made to fit panels or tile that cover that old work that is removed. It's easy to get something like a cultured marble that will cover everything, spend a bit more on that, and skip the drywall and texture work.

cabriggs

Reaction score
Any of those should be fine as long as you do a good job drywalling and painting around the kits when you are done.
Agreed. That's why I have a contractor for that. We did a Lasco a couple of years ago and it came out nicely. It was a 2-piece unit that wouldn't fit up the stairs for this remodel.

I prefer to not use the kits, but get made to fit panels or tile that cover that old work that is removed. It's easy to get something like a cultured marble that will cover everything, spend a bit more on that, and skip the drywall and texture work.
Do you mean real marble, or a marble-patterned Swanstone or Terestone?

Speaking of Swan, any thoughts on the Swan Veritek kits?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks