Hot (water)time in the summer

Users who are viewing this thread

dhla

Reaction score
Got a question - don't know that there's anything I can do to remediate... not sure even where to look, but thought I'd post the situation and see if anyone had any good advice.

In the summer (in Los Angeles) when it is hot, if I run the water in the mid/late afternoon, even the cold comes out pretty warm, and the hot water comes out very hot. Don't have the problem in the fall/winter/spring, so somewhere along the way, the cold water line must be getting exposed to the sun.

Any suggestion about how to find/how to remediate? Or just live with it??

Thank you!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The lines are probably run through the attic. Add more insulation, maybe a reflective barrier to lower the attic temperature and the heat load, and it may help some. Running the pipes through an interior wall in conditioned space would help, but that means tearing up a lot of wall, and then getting it where you want is tougher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks