Super Ironout and Pro Res Care

Users who are viewing this thread

farmboy101

Reaction score
I used Super IronOut to clean out my incoming house pipes yesterday as there was still an odor from the iron buildup. Wow does that stuff work. The water from the cold tap is now odor free but the hot is still puking out some nasty smelling black stuff but is is getting better. I mixed some with water and poured it in my UV prefilter cannister.

Question is can I add it to the brine tank as suggested by Gary S with the Pro ResCare or not a good idea to mix the two chemicals??

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
I used Super IronOut to clean out my incoming house pipes yesterday as there was still an odor from the iron buildup. Wow does that stuff work. The water from the cold tap is now odor free but the hot is still puking out some nasty smelling black stuff but is is getting better. I mixed some with water and poured it in my UV prefilter cannister.

Question is can I add it to the brine tank as suggested by Gary S with the Pro ResCare or not a good idea to mix the two chemicals??

I wouldn't mix them. I don't think there is any reason to mix them and the reason not to is that there is always the potential of a chemical reaction. ResCare is an acid and Iron out creates an acid when mixed with water--but different acids.

farmboy101

Reaction score
I wouldn't mix them. I don't think there is any reason to mix them and the reason not to is that there is always the potential of a chemical reaction. ResCare is an acid and Iron out creates an acid when mixed with water--but different acids.

I thought so. Best to use one or the other.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks