Bladder problems???

Users who are viewing this thread

TVS

Reaction score
I have a water pressure tank that has been cycling on and off. When I checked the pressure it read at about 13 psi so I added air up to about 28 - the switch is set at 30-50. It retained the air pressure for a few hours and worked like it should and then it dropped down to about 13 psi agian.
Water does not come out of the schrader valve, but I think I have a torn or leaky bladder. Any thoughts?
If it is, any recommendations on replacing the bladder or replacing the tank? I am guessing that it is about 15 years old.
Thanks- TVS

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If the bladder tank does not maintain the air pressure, throw the tank away and put in a new one. Your pump will thank you for it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like CC said, if the tank doesn't maintain air charge, you need a new one. Replace with a tank at least the same size or larger, or you can switch to a CSV and small tank like the picture to the left.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks