Can a Myers deep well pump be used as a shallow well pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

dave115

Reaction score
I have an old Myers deep well pump that I would like to use to draw water from a shallow hand dug well.

The model I have is does not accept the conversion kit. Can I simply plug the outlet that returns water to the foot valve in the deep well to draw water from the shallow well?

dave115

Reaction score
No. But you can still use the jet assembly even in a shallow well. Just have to use both pipe down the well even for a shallow well.

Thanks Valveman!

I have the pump connected to the well as originally described, and it does move water, but it does not build pressure to fill a pressure tank. I have ordered the part and tubing to connect as you described.

Dana Whitt

Reaction score
Hi valveman my husband and I just brought a house the bank we brought it from recently replaced the pump with a utilitech deep well jet pump. Well since moving in the pvc that goes from the pump to the well cap has started leaking twice. We got it fixed and now it is leaking again, any suggestion?

P.s. When it leaks it spurts out it is not just a slow leak it fill the well house.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depends on where the leak is, if its the pipe that keeps splitting, replace the pipe or you will be chasing it forever

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I would guess the leak happens where the plastic pipe connects to the pump? If so the pump is getting hot. Either you have a suction line leak, or the pump can’t build enough pressure to reach the shut off point of the pressure switch. Pump model number, depth of well??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks