Kohler 10" Rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

LCDAY

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find a Kohler 10" rough in toilet in Color 55 (Innocent Blush)? It seems that all 10" rough in's are dis-continued in that color.

LCDAY

Reaction score
Kohler is not my first choice in toilets, but my bathtub is a Kohler and the color is Innocent Blush. I am trying to match the color since the two are about 10" apart. The closest I have found is American Standard Shell (which is too light and yellow in cast).

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I checked the Kohler web site for 10" bowls and the color isn't available.
You may need to fix the old one, or move the drain.

The trouble with moving the drain, is that most likely, there is a real reason for the 10" rough location.
That's the sad part about the special colors, that don't always hold up. Looking back, there were some really cool colors, and then styles change and people quit buying the color. When that happens they become orphans.
Growing up we had an awful green bathroom and an awful pink bathroom.
Eventually those bathrooms were gutting and replaced with gleaming white fixtures.
I sell a lot of Bone fixtures in the Seattle area for those 60's home that had bone or almond. A lot of these homes now need new ADA fixtures and there are several that I keep in stock for just that purpose.

Kohler does have a nice tool for finding fixtures by bowl shape, height, flush, rough-in and color.
There aren't too many color choices for 10", or at least not as much choice as their full line, they still have quite a few choices for 10".

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/selector/selector.jsp

Last edited:

LCDAY

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I have also checked the Kohler web site and did find their search tool with a broad variety of toilets. My bathroom was very small but the previous owner of my home had an addition built on to the bathroom adding an 80 sq ft dressing room. The whole, my remodel, began when we moved in 12 years ago and I removed carpet from the bathroom and bought marble tiles to cover the floor. We then bought the bathtub to replace the plastic stand-up shower and match the marble, and I had a plumber replumb the drain and water fixtures. After 8 years of the bathroom waiting for me to install the marble on the floor, which I finished last week, it is time to replace the old white 10" rough with one that matches the color of the bathtub and marble floor. I do have room to move the drain from the wall, which requires me to cut into the slab and newly laid marble. I can possibily use a 2" offset flange to pull the drain from the wall allowing me the space I need to install a standard 12" rough.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks