Replacing sink drains

Users who are viewing this thread

Alpinist

Reaction score
I am grateful for your advice, so thanks for providing this awesome forum!

I have an older Kohler double basin, cast iron sink I'd like to put in my kitchen. Caveat is that one drain is designed for a disposer. Is it possible to replace the stainless steel drain unit with a standard drain like the one on the other side, or should I just get a different sink?

Last edited:

Alpinist

Reaction score
But is it possible for me to remove the one already installed in the sink that is for a disposer and replace it with one that is standard? That looks tricky and I'm unsure if I can get it off or not. Not obvious how to remove it. Thanks for any tips if it's possible!

Alpinist

Reaction score
Thanks Shacko! I figured it out with some fiddling. Turns out mine had a metal ring holding it all together that I was able to remove with a pair of needle nose plyers. Your link worked and was just what might have helped me had I not figured it out earlier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks