Curbside 3/6 liter Flush, What a nightmare to Adjust, Still Not Working

Users who are viewing this thread

rolm

Reaction score
Kohler 3/6 liter Flush, What a nightmare to Adjust.

I found a Kohler 3/6 Liter Flush on the curb (sorry no model number I looked and looked I can not find it) I picked it up and it was in my trunk in seconds ( heavy sucker) I installed in less then 10 minutes and now the fun starts.

It has one button on the side of the tank when pushing and releasing the button there appears to be only a bit of water that is released not sufficient to clear the paper. If you hold the button for at least 5 seconds it flushes like a normal toilet. The other problem is there does not appear to have sufficient water to clear or flush the entire bowl, example if you were to throw toilet paper on the side of the bowl there is no water to clear it or very little water especially at the front of the bowl. Any hope or is it time for me to place it on the curb and let some one else pull there hair out trying to get it to work like a toil.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sounds like a bargain to me. And you want it to flush paper too?

Have you looked on the Kohler website to determine the model?
If you find that, you should be able to find instructions for it.
Kohler is pretty good about that.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/

Last edited:

jeffdt

Reaction score
Who picks up a toilet thats been left out for the trash man and then runs home and installs it? Did your refrigerator box not have a working toilet?

rolm

Reaction score
Sounds like a bargain to me. And you want it to flush paper too?

Have you looked on the Kohler website to determine the model?
If you find that, you should be able to find instructions for it.
Kohler is pretty good about that.

http://www.kohler.com/

Here is a picture of the unit

kohler_rolin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rolm

Reaction score
I also made sure all the small holes around the bowl were not pluged, I did manage to get water flowing out of the holes by playing around with the center valve. Man oh man I can set-up and tune a chevy v8 easier then this crazy thing.

rolm

Reaction score
What are the numbers under the tank lid or in the tank?

The only number under the lid is a 07 No other numbers I looked in the tank. The only place I did not look is behind the tank to late already installed. I will try and see if Kohler can ID via the pictures. I am also wondering if I can convert this to a normal flush system from parts at Home Depot

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's kind of interesting when I see the pictures.
At least check with Kohler and see what they say.

It looks kind of complicated to be switching it.
You have the fill hose there..........

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The numbers might also be outside the bowl near the left rear tank area...

Above where the rag is in your first picture...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Does that say Kohler anywhere on the outside? I don't see it in the picture, and Kohler always puts there name on it. Also, the flush and fill mechanism looks hokey...not that Kohler doesn't do some weird stuff, it just doesn't look like Kohler inside. Also, they would always emboss or ink a K- model number inside the tank. And it would talk GALLONS per flush, not liters.

rolm

Reaction score
I did call Koher and I sent them the pictures and they indicated that it was not a Kohler toilet, I also told them that it said Kohler on the seat they said that this manufacturer may be using the kohler toilet seats. They also thought it might be a TOTO unit. They did have a bit of a laugh at the wierd float set-up

rolm

Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with TOTO and they also indicated they have never seen seen such a set-up, I guess it's time to install old faithful the 20 gallon per flush toilt.

rolm

Reaction score
I may have it fixed it, seems to be doing a great job. I will keep on looking for the maker of this jewel.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks