Double sanitary tee in Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The problem me and hj have had, was dropping the snake down the sancross.
You can put a cleanout below, but that still leaves a section that you can't snake.
We don't use the sancross south of Can a da.

That's why it's nice to know where people are installing these things.
For myself, I prefer to plumb not just to code, which is a bare minimum, but to plumb so that it works long term. It doesn't really take much.
hj is as old as the Grand Canyon, and I'm a decade or so behind him, so we think differently. We think more like service plumbers, wishing the rough-in guys would get their act together.

So the sancross is legal in Canada, not the US
What other American countries use the sancross?
Mexico?
Guatemala?
Belize?

Last edited:

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Pretty good band.......I am pretty old but listen to nothing but Rock and like it.......new, old, everything in between......Lots of good bands out there today with similar sounds that made it big.....Good Luck to them......

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The problem me and hj have had, was dropping the snake down the sancross.
You can put a cleanout below, but that still leaves a section that you can't snake.
We don't use the sancross south of Can a da.

What section would you not beable to snake? You could run the snake down each trap arm and then open up the clean-out and snake up AND down the piping all the way out to the city sewer or roof vent if you wanted to do that.

We don't use "double fixture tees" or w/e you guys call them. Atleast not here in BC and you won't find reference to them in the code book anywhere. That I know of anyway :D

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
It, along with a double combination Y-1/8 bend, is ILLEGAL for that use in this, and most areas using the UPC. The IPC might allow it, but I am not sure about that. You are supposed to use the proper fitting, which is a "back to back fixture fitting", (R&G Sloane #91491 in ABS), which comes in 2x2x1 1/2x1 1/2, 2x1 1/2x1 1/2x1 1/2, and all sides 2", plus larger sizes.

Double fixture cross
abs_fixture_cross.jpg
HJ - Came across this thread based on search for similar solution. So using this fitting, is allowable in UPC? Also I'm assuming they make it in sch40 PVC. Thanks Just want to make sure I'm using the correct fitting.
Thanks
Mark

Actually just re-read and am good to go.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks