Double sanitary tee in Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A double santee is not the same as a double fixture cross or fitting.
You may have to print out the page and bring it in.

abs_fixture_cross.jpg

segal46

a/v technician
Reaction score
and I thought here in Montreal I had problems finding a dst and a dcf I found one at Wolseley, a plumbing reseller which they have in all Canadian provinces or you can purchase a dst online at home depot only on delivery

I actually called the part manufacturer who couldn't sell it to me cuz i,m a nobody,lol, they only sell to resellers, a bribe to the guy on the phone didn't even work for a 5 dollar part, where is this world leading to, i tell you.
the part NUMBER at wolseley is ABSTYD2X1K
good luck
Sergio

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The factory would not sell it to you, because they do NOT sell individual items and you did not want a box of them. Also, they would have had to create an account for you with all the paper work it entails, INCLUDING a means of charging and reporting any sales tax, or VAT. NONE of their customers pay the sales tax, so you would have created an unusual situation for them with a lot of beaurocracy paperwork.

segal46

a/v technician
Reaction score
Isnt the customer always right, though I totally understand and agree with your point. Just that when I was told that here in my province none were sold to retailers since February, and thousands sold across our country, common courtesy of trying to help a fellow human goes a long way. Just a thought of the day.

Christoff

Reaction score
i found this one at lowes in brampton in the toronto gta i hope this is the correct one cause ive run out of places lol

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,611

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Very few people in Canada actually even know a double fixture fitting exists; it is not used at all (neither are long sweep fittings for that matter). It is a part that has to be special ordered by the supply house from the manufacturer...and you have to know the catalog # to get them to order the proper fitting...if you just tell them you want a double fixture fitting, they will try to give you a double sanitary tee or look at you strangely. Many plumbers know that a double sanitary tee is bad, but they end up using a double wye instead...which is even worse than a double sanitary tee for other reasons.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
vent.GIFHow about something like this? It adds some fittings and pipe, but would eliminate the s-trap. If the double combo was used, the cleanout probably wouldn't be needed.

We'll see what the pros say. Terry might have a better way of doing it (I just quickly pulled something together that should work).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You have 2" from the bottom?
Then why were you showing a 1.5" double san cross before?
The laundry tub should have a 2 x 1.5 x 1.5" santee if you are coming up from the vertical.
Or the 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 fixture cross would have worked.

The picture below is a 1.5" being split for two lavs without the cross fitting.
To be UPC legal, it would need 2" until it's split.
But if you only had 1.5" in the floor, this would be the best fix.

single_to_double_lav.jpg

Christoff

Reaction score
yes this looks alot more compact than mine, would mine even pass terry?
the 2" is the main drain that will go to the 3" drain. i have the toilet wet vented through the lav as the last vent before the entrance to the 4 " drain to the sewer

i was showing the san tee last night when you said you were going to post a pic, then i tried to draw a pic as well hense the new setup.

Last edited:

Christoff

Reaction score
this is what i was going to do until i was told not to use a double san tee

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,499

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The family had a log cabin in Canada.
The toilet was an outhouse, code legal, and the kitchen sink was a pipe that went outside into the sand, that was code legal too.
Can a da.
Where the bears drink beer.
We had a bear that would come around mainly at night.
In the US, were still not big fans of the code legal in Can a da san cross. That's always been a tough one to snake.
But then there are rough-in plumbers, and there are service plumbers.
When you get tired of doing crawlers, you become a service plumber.
Though, I had to slither a crawl today for a repipe bid that the young guys will be doing.
What was I thinking, after three surgeries on through my stomach muscles this Winter, that was hard.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks