Need to remove section of air pipe (stuck), thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

RatboySlim

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm doing some reno's in my bathroom and I've run into an issue. I have a old S-Pipe I want to change to a P-pipe (the S-pipe was exposed and the drainage pipe went into the floor of the bathroom). I'm putting in a P-pipe and putting it into the wall. Previously the pipe that went into the wall, was not the drainage but for air. That means I need to shorten the length of the air pipe, but I can't remove it as it is stuck (tried with a pipe wrench but no luck).

The issue is that I need to shorten the length of the air pipe, by replacing it with a smaller one, otherwise the P-pipe will be too low to the ground.

Not sure if I want to try to heat the air pipe and try to take it off that way. Or to cut a section and join it together with the rubber sleeve (I guess that would work, but just not sure it's right).

See attached picture (the S-pipe has been disconnected from the air pipe. But the lower section of the air pipe is stuck (won't unscrew).

Thanks,

RB

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 263

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Cut it off with a sawzall or hacksaw, then use a no-hub, shielded connector. This is a neoprene sleeve with metal reinforcement sleeve, held in place with worm clamps.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Looks like an interesting experiment in anti-gravity to me.

Will the waste water float up the new drain?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Oh, I see. So he will use a san-tee and some pipe to link the crown vent to the bottom drain and the trap sections?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A biogger wrench. A SawZall and some chisels to peel the thread out, but that gets tricky working upside down.

Ian, maybe the arrows should be turned around touching each other, and the sign read, "Fishing only BETWEEN the arrows".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks