Kinetico softener not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

thrice910

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Kinetico Mach series water softener and I don't think it it is working. I moved into my home about 4 months ago and the salt is at the same level as when I moved in. The unit does regenerate but I think there is a problem with the Brine valve/float.

I opened up the brine tank and removed the brine valve/float and I noticed that the float did not freely open or close the valve.(unless I forced it up the post). I am assuming this should freely open/close based on the actual water level.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
If it is not regenering on it's own, the meter may not be working, the unit may be on bypass, the regen drive gearing is not turning or it's hooked up wrong (least likely). You can turn on your water and watch the meter drive pawl to see if it moves. Placing a phillips screwdriver in the center and turning clockwise will start a cycle. Once started, see if it will finish on it's own.

thrice910

Reaction score
It is regenerating, I took it apart and everything looks OK. I think it is working now.? Time will tell, Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks