Faucets, Showerheads, and Aerators

Users who are viewing this thread

JWCWI

Reaction score
When comparing aerators, showerheads, faucets, what should one be looking for? Is there a flow rate that really is too low? I have seen showerheads and aerators that have a .5 gpm and I am not sure that will be strong enought to wash shampoo or soap off of a person? I thank you for any help or feed back.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Showerhead design is often lacking in many products...they may look good, but perform poorly. The only federally mandated thing is that a single showerhead can't flow more than 2.5gpm. It does not address multiple, separate shower heads. Some of the low-flow heads feel like getting hit with needles. There's an art to getting good coverage, with enough flow to wash the soap off and feel good. I've not directly compared many, so can't comment on what's available. I'd be leary of one using 0.5gpm, but that's a gut feeling, not an observation from fact.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks