Delta 2 handle bath faucet (3555) - leaking from under spout body

Users who are viewing this thread

PeteD

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

This is what my faucet looks like:
http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/3555LF-216.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0

I had it unhooked for a little while doing a remodel (worked fine for a few years). When I hooked it back up, water is dripping from inside the spout body (under the sink). Water drips down off of the rod to control the drain plug, but it is coming from up inside the faucet body. The parts diagram does not show any parts in there...

What is going on? Are there seals in there or did I pop a leak in the copper pipe?

Thanks,
Pete

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "guide tube" is cracked. Call 1-800-345-DELT, and they will send a new spout if it is still current, or a new faucet if they no longer have the parts or the new spout is incompatble with your handle connections.

PeteD

Reaction score
The "guide tube" is cracked. Call 1-800-345-DELT, and they will send a new spout if it is still current, or a new faucet if they no longer have the parts or the new spout is incompatble with your handle connections.

Thanks to both of you for confirming what I suspected was the problem, as well as the course of action. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks