Basement Rough In

Users who are viewing this thread

P0ZBURN

Reaction score
I have inserted a drawing of a rough in in my basement under the concrete. My question is : Is this sufficent venting of the new rough in?
Thanks

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 824
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would roll a vent for the toilet above the flow line of the pipe.

It would be a 3x2 wye with a 45 pointed toward the wall.
The tub vent and the toilet vent could be combined 6" above the top of the highest fixture.

If the toilet is farther than 5 feet to the cleanout, the 3x2 wye becomes a 3x3 wye and the vent toward the wall should have a cleanout there.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It depends on your local. UPC allows pipe under the slab to be 1.5"
He should check to see what his local code is.

You can't go wrong with 2".

P0ZBURN

Reaction score
"It would be a 3x2 wye with a 45 pointed toward the wall"

would that be behind the toilet or somewhere in between?
thanks

P0ZBURN

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time imagining what you mean since we can't talk in person so I have attached a modified drawing to the picture as to what I think you mean.

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 697

Plumguy

Reaction score
P0ZBURN said:
I have inserted a drawing of a rough in in my basement under the concrete. My question is : Is this sufficent venting of the new rough in?
Thanks

This drawing is fine as long as all you're underground is 2" not 1 1/2. On you're 3x2 wye install a street 45 and roll the wye so the bottom of the 45 is at the centerline of the 3". Then right after the 2" 45 install a 2" wye and again install a st. 45 in the branch and roll the wye above the centerline. This line will go in the wall and a 2x1 1/2 ty can be left for the lav as long as the the trap weir(90) is within 5' and the 2" vent must stay full size.This set up is a basic wet vent and no other vents are needed all 3 fixtures are properly vented as long as the wyes are installed(rolled) correctly. As far as the tub drain keep it 2" until you are in close proximity of the trap then reduce to 1 1/2 so you're trap can be 1 1/2.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Let's simplify it even more. First run the 3" drain to the lavatory/sink location. Put it low enough, about 19" below the concrete so you can install a long radius elbow for the turn up. Then place a 3x3x3x2" left hand side inlet tee pointed towards the toilet's location. Use a 2" street 45, 90, or whatever is necessary, to run from the 2" side inlet to the tub. Put a 3x2 bushing in the top of the tee, (if your area does not require a cleanout at the toilet), and then run up to the sink tee. You will eliminate a lot of fittings and frustration.

Plumguy

Reaction score
That is definately the easiest way by means of an estabrook fitting to stack vent the bath,however I can't recall ever having that much room underground to utilizing one. But it is an option that should always be left open and toilets here are considered legal cleanouts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks