City boy moves to the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rick29

Reaction score
Sirs,
I am buying an modular that sits in the country on 4 acres, and has a well and septic system. The modular has been empty for two years and was built in 1982. I was wondering what I need to do to restart the water system? It has been winterized. I have found two water lines unhooked. So other than hooking up those water lines, what should I do?
Thanks

Rick29

Reaction score
Sir,
Outside, there is a lined hole with wiring above the hole with a cover, I am thinking the pump is in the hole. Inside the house there is a tank, looks something like the one in the picture in your answer and it goes to a water softener. I noticed that under one of the sinks the water lines were unhooked. I know that I will have to hook them back up. Also there is a new water heater in the house and it fells empty.
Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
28 years old and unoccupied for 2 years? There are many POSSIBLE problems, but maybe none that you have to worry about. All you can do it reconnect the piping, and then energize it to see what happens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks