Bathtub Outlet Nozzle Too Short!

Users who are viewing this thread

bl

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a different bathtub (36" Jacuzzi whirlpool tub). My problem is that due to the design of the new tub, the new spout (for the water outlet) does not extend far enough from the wall for the water to pour directly into the tub. Instead it will hit a portion of the tub's top and spray everywhere. The spout is about 5" and I need it to be about 7" in order for the water to clear the top of the tub and fill it properly without spraying. The tub/shower walls will be tiled.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Go to plumbing supply.com they have 7in. you'll have to cut and paste, I don't know how to add a link.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are lots of spouts in all sorts of lengths, styles, and finishes...you just need to do a search, and open your wallet - the longer, high style ones can get expensive.

To make things easier, you first need to determine how yours is attached. They come in two general forms: screw-on, push-on. A push-on one will have a notch for a set screw to hold it in place and keep it from rotating or pulling off. A screw on one may have a little notch on the bottom to allow trapped moisture to drain, but no screw hole.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks