PVC Into a Cast Iron Cleanout?

Users who are viewing this thread

onestepahead

Reaction score
Hello-
I'm installing a macerating unit and need to connect its 3/4" PVC effluent pipe to my soil stack, which is 4" CI. The stack has a cleanout wyed into it - which seems like a good place to make connection (is it? :) ). I'm thinking I'd just place a 4x(1.5???) PVC wye where the existing cleanout is, and just add a cleanout to the end of the new wye, connecting the 3/4" pipe to the smaller part of the wye with a reducer. Is this possible?
It's hard for me to tell exactly how the cleanout is connected with CI. Is there a cleanout plug and cap which fits into the wye, just like PVC? or does the cap just sit in the wye itself? Is it threaded like PVC? It looks like there is lead & oakum around the cap, but i can't tell exactly - it's been coated a few times with some very thick paint.

Any advice on how to connect the 3/4" pipe to my stack would be greatly appreciated.
I'd reeeeeealy rather not cut out a section and brace the whole thing, since this is in a basement and there are 3 stories of 4" cast iron above it to support

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks