duravit vario connect wall outlet toilet gook up??? not at same level?

Users who are viewing this thread

FelicitasNYC

Reaction score
I live in Manhattan and the building has outlets in the wall. The outlet height is approx. 4 1/4" above the floor, the DURAVIT happy D toilet at 7 1/4"

We purchased the vario connector kit and were told it was made for this situation but now the plumber is giving me a hard time. How do we create a drop of almost 3" between the toilet drain and the wall outlet?

Please this is urgent, I have no bath room right now and am desperate.
There are no other good looking toilets on the market and I waited years to redo the bath room just for this reason.
If we can not find a solution I will start tearing my hair out!!!! ahhhhh

Attachments

• 54102_web_tech_draw.gif
    54102_web_tech_draw.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 903
  • 54105_web_tech_draw.gif
    54105_web_tech_draw.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 812
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will have to relocate the rough-in at the wall.
Also, how do you plan on providing water to the toilet?

attachment.php

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
From the bowl outlet, the waste pipe can take any route (to the building's waste) that a plumber will determine to be appropriate.

Your Happy D bowl has its outlet at 7 inches above the floor. You want it to enter a (horizontal?) pipe 4 inches above the floor. That is a drop of 3 inches. The exact geometry (and the most compact possible way to do this) may be describable, if you post images and link to them. The concern is the same for all rear outlet toilet bowls.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What type of toilet did you have originally? A wall mounted, or a floor mount with a rear outlet. Depending on which you had revising the drain height will be expensive, or super expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks