(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Clack WS1 Programming Recomendations

  1. #61
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    well ok, but nobody has done that here. In fact it seems like it's you that is trying to stir things up. we are probably not going to agree on things from time to time but I see no reason to not be civil about it. In the link you posted was a post by HJ, one of the moderators here. Are you accusing him of being anti DIY also? or are you saying that everyone has to agree with everything you say or they are somehow anti diy and anti Gary? None of this makes a whole lot of sense. Like I said, we are here to try and answer questions based on our knowledge and experience of which everyone's is different. If arguing is the catch of the day than again, start an argument thread and leave it all there.
    Last edited by Wally Hays; 06-14-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  2. #62
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    I was asking because a couple of posts back Gary threw the anti diy/dealer comment out there and I just plain have not seen it on this thread at all and was wondering if you felt that way also
    If you are asking me I agree with you 100%. Ive not seen it at all in this thread in fact the opposite, posters have been very helpful.

    I like the idea of a Argument sub forum here only separate....

  3. #63
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Back 4 pages in post #6 Bob999 gets personal with me instead of talking about the subject and goes on about me not reading a manual for some time. And it got worse as time went by.

    And then on page 3 post #33 Wally comes in saying P13 (for a 2.0 cuft with some iron in the water). And he goes on from there..
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  4. #64
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Wally Hays; Another round and round thread but then......... You have the manual from Clacks site for the WS-1 so go ahead and program for your compensated hardness. Can the programming be tweaked to save a little salt? Probably, but salt is cheap and resin is expensive.

    And all Bob says is that the manual differes from what you are saying. Nothing personal in either post. You really need to either read more carefully or stop accusing people of posting things that they never did.

    Tfhere is NOTHING anti DIY or anit internet dealer in any post on this thread. What you are really saying is that everyone needs to agree with you or you are going to throw a hissy fit and accuse people of things that just plain are not true. Grow up
    Last edited by Wally Hays; 06-15-2010 at 06:05 AM. Reason: added and irritated.
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  5. #65
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    [QUOTE=Wally Hays;261004]Quote Wally Hays; Another round and round thread but then......... You have the manual from Clacks site for the WS-1 so go ahead and program for your compensated hardness. Can the programming be tweaked to save a little salt? Probably, but salt is cheap and resin is expensive.

    And all Bob says is that the manual differes from what you are saying. Nothing personal in either post. You really need to either read more carefully or stop accusing people of posting things that they never did.
    Many localities are cracking down on the amount of salt used and some have banned softeners because of it. So "tweaking" salt settings, I say programming correctly, is a very important and good thing plus it is the only way to do it right. And you see no sense to it based on "salt is cheap".... Personally I don't think you know how to do it and you are refusing to learn how.

    Bob makes comments like 5 gpm/cuft and then changes it to 8 gpm/cuft, or mistakenly thinks the control valve SFR @ 15 psi means a 15 psi pressure loss at whatever flow rate the SFR states, and when questioned, he acts like you do and refuses to discuss it and usually makes some negative comment about me, like you do. And I was right, the programming was not for his control valve, neither was the manual that Bob linked to and said he should follow.

    Here's the latest example from you, I am an internet dealer and you are saying something personally negative about me,again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    Tfhere is NOTHING anti DIY or anit internet dealer in any post on this thread. What you are really saying is that everyone needs to agree with you or you are going to throw a hissy fit and accuse people of things that just plain are not true. Grow up
    Talk about an emotionally driven hissy fit. LOL

    BTW "but salt is cheap and resin is expensive" I guess you mistakenly believe high salt efficiency causes resin failure? Is that what you meant to say? If so you are wrong.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  6. #66
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    So you think that both of us are wrong and that's ok. That's part of what forums are for. But again NOBODY has said anything that is anti DIY or anti Internet dealer which was what you were origionally complaining about. And here you are taking cheap shots about my ability to size and program.


    Here, I will post this again because it is true:

    There is NOTHING anti DIY or anit internet dealer in any post on this thread. What you are really saying is that everyone needs to agree with you or you are going to throw a hissy fit and accuse people of things that just plain are not true. Grow up




    And like I predicted here we go again arguing instead of helping for which I apologize to the OP and will end my participation in this wasted discussion at this point.
    Last edited by Wally Hays; 06-15-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  7. #67
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    So you think that both of us are wrong and that's ok. That's part of what forums are for. But again NOBODY has said anything that is anti DIY or anti Internet dealer which was what you were origionally complaining about. And here you are taking cheap shots about my ability to size and program.
    I made a general comment that the OP agreed with. .


    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    Here, I will post this again because it is true:

    There is NOTHING anti DIY or anit internet dealer in any post on this thread. Grow up
    I did not say there was.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    And like I predicted here we go again arguing instead of helping for which I apologize to the OP and will end my participation in this wasted discussion at this point.
    You could tell us how many cuft of resin and how lbs of salt you'd program for in your softener examples.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  8. #68
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Post # 54...
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  9. #69
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Originally Posted by farmboy101 They emailed me on Friday and said they were shipping me a new circuit board. I think thats pretty good service for a Internet dealer. I will keep y'all posted.
    And I replied to that with; And many people here and on other forums think internet dealers are all no good and don't provide service. That's because of their anti DIYer and anti internet dealer agendas.

    Both statements are true.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  10. #70
    DIY Senior Member Bob999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post

    Bob makes comments like 5 gpm/cuft and then changes it to 8 gpm/cuft, or mistakenly thinks the control valve SFR @ 15 psi means a 15 psi pressure loss at whatever flow rate the SFR states, and when questioned, he acts like you do and refuses to discuss it and usually makes some negative comment about me, like you do. And I was right, the programming was not for his control valve, neither was the manual that Bob linked to and said he should follow.
    There you go again putting out a false and/or misleading mishmash of statements that are half truths, untruths, etc. But then it is what I have come to expect from a salesman who sells (correction: used to sell) from a no fixed address mobile home.
    Last edited by Bob999; 06-15-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: To correct post

  11. #71
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Why would your reply with that? Again, nobody here has said anything anti diy or internet dealer so why bring that up at all unless you are trying to provoke argument? All you had to do was agree that it is good service. It is good service for any dealer, internet or otherwize. This is getting out of hand. Elvis has left the building.............
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

Similar Threads

  1. Clack WS 1 programming PLEASE HELP
    By ryanc in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
  2. Clack WS1 EE Programming
    By SmokedMeat in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. Help programming my Clack WS-1 (salt dose?)
    By Dorrough in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
  4. can I please get some shower faucet recomendations?
    By tjbaudio in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
  5. Recomendations for a shower valve?
    By northman in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •