(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 71

Thread: Clack WS1 Programming Recomendations

  1. #46
    DIY Senior Member Bob999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy101 View Post
    I think that it is still there, the plastic divider thing. I pulled out the battery and tested it for voltage and it reads 3.10 volts. It is a 3 volt battery so it is good. It has been in there how long now and has not gone dead. Why?? I dont know.

    I cant see any divider in the battery holder unless you need a microscope
    Don't mean to be insulting but do you have the polarity correct--see page 18 of the CS manual. If polarity is correct is the battery fully seated in the holder? Have you checked to ensure that is not something in the battery holder preventing full insertion?

    If all that checks out you should contact your supplier because it is likely there is a defect.

  2. #47
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob999 View Post
    Don't mean to be insulting but do you have the polarity correct--see page 18 of the CS manual. If polarity is correct is the battery fully seated in the holder? Have you checked to ensure that is not something in the battery holder preventing full insertion?

    If all that checks out you should contact your supplier because it is likely there is a defect.
    Its a good thing that the battery is pretty easy to see if its properly installed. It is fully seated.

    I am contacting the supplier Aquatell.com again for sure now.

    The regen today is flashing and the total gallons used is 125. The counter started at 1000 now reads 875. I dont think it should regen already unless the computer board is faulty. I have checked the programming and it looks ok as far as all of the values I entered. I should be able to swap it out myself if they send a new one yes??

    Should do a master reset or is that not going to solve anything??

  3. #48
    In the Trades Akpsdvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Changing out the board should be straight up...

  4. #49
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Ok this is flakey. I went out and pulled the battery again to double check polarity and to make sure its fully seated. I spun it a few times in the holder. Then I ran through the programming to double check the values and they all looked good.When I was back at the home screen the regen today was not displayed anymore. I unplugged it a few times and now the clock reads the correct time just like its suppossed to

    I wonder if it will go out again wait and see I guess...

  5. #50
    DIY Senior Member Bob999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy101 View Post
    Ok this is flakey. I went out and pulled the battery again to double check polarity and to make sure its fully seated. I spun it a few times in the holder. Then I ran through the programming to double check the values and they all looked good.When I was back at the home screen the regen today was not displayed anymore. I unplugged it a few times and now the clock reads the correct time just like its suppossed to

    I wonder if it will go out again wait and see I guess...

    Sounds as if there is a problem with the battery making proper electrical contact and what ever you did established contact. Clack has a good warranty--5 years in the US. You should confirm what it is in Canada.

    You could write a letter to your supplier documenting the behaviour and your steps to resolve it. That way there will be a written record of problems from the beginning if it should occur again.
    Last edited by Bob999; 06-09-2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Add information.

  6. #51
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy101 View Post
    Ok this is flakey. I went out and pulled the battery again to double check polarity and to make sure its fully seated. I spun it a few times in the holder. Then I ran through the programming to double check the values and they all looked good.When I was back at the home screen the regen today was not displayed anymore. I unplugged it a few times and now the clock reads the correct time just like its suppossed to

    I wonder if it will go out again wait and see I guess...
    The battery wasn't making good contact, so like a good DIYer is supposed to, you evaluated, adapted and fixed the problem yourself, HOORAY! No sense in getting because when you do, you diminish your ability to THINK and then, then ya are running on feelings, and that increases your stress level and wastes time... right? Now you get to enjoy.

    You toggle Regen Today On/Off by pushing the Regen button in and letting go. That is explained in the manual....
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  7. #52
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    The battery wasn't making good contact, so like a good DIYer is supposed to, you evaluated, adapted and fixed the problem yourself, HOORAY! No sense in getting because when you do, you diminish your ability to THINK and then, then ya are running on feelings, and that increases your stress level and wastes time... right? Now you get to enjoy.

    You toggle Regen Today On/Off by pushing the Regen button in and letting go. That is explained in the manual....
    Well it seems to working ok so far. I did toggle regen off when I was checking the programming and it has not come back on. The gallons are counting down and the clock keeps set time if I unplug it.


    I as frustrated a little but like you said no point getting mad. The water is nice and soft so it was definitely worth the effort to do it myself plus I saved a ton of money and learned a lot.

    I have found Super Iron Out up here so its easy to get at the local hardware store.

    I did email Aquatell and told them the trouble I was having so it is documented for future reference in case this acts up again.

    I still need to replace the brine float with a 2310 \#500 air check.

  8. #53
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default New Circuit Board

    I did email Aquatell and told them the trouble I was having so it is documented for future reference in case this acts up again.
    They emailed me on Friday and said they were shipping me a new circuit board. I think thats pretty good service for a Internet dealer. I will keep y'all posted.

  9. #54
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy101 View Post
    They emailed me on Friday and said they were shipping me a new circuit board. I think thats pretty good service for a Internet dealer. I will keep y'all posted.
    And many people here and on other forums think internet dealers are all no good and don't provide service. That's because of their anti DIYer and anti internet dealer agendas.

    I have have had a couple customers have the same problem. Cleaning the battery of fingerprints etc. solves the problem.

    You don't need a new board and IMO you should refuse the delivery and email to tell them why. There was no reason to email them about the hiccup anyway and they will greatly appreciate your honesty and you. Maybe if you email them they can stop the shipment which will save them money and the effort.
    Last edited by Gary Slusser; 06-13-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

  10. #55
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Who has said one single anti diy thing here? Who has said anything disparaging about online dealers? I have not read one single anti anything here. Just opinions and some pretty good advice.
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  11. #56
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    And many people here and on other forums think internet dealers are all no good and don't provide service. That's because of their anti DIYer and anti internet dealer agendas.


    I have have had a couple customers have the same problem. Cleaning the battery of fingerprints etc. solves the problem.


    You don't need a new board and IMO you should refuse the delivery and email to tell them why. There was no reason to email them about the hiccup anyway and they will greatly appreciate your honesty and you. Maybe if you email them they can stop the shipment which will save them money and the effort.
    I have read a lot about Internet softener dealers not being reputable and I was merely trying to say that this company stands behind what they sell. I understand that Clack is trying once again to shut down INTERNET sales and I disagree with that totally. Might even tell them that.

    I have been repairing and building computers since 1996 and it has been my experience that if a component is faulty and causes intermittent problems and operation you replace the component and or board in this case. I have replaced dozens of circuit boards, motherboards included because of 15 cent capacitors etc. I do not want problems down the road so best to deal with it now imho.

    They may be able to test\repair the board and reuse it but usually its cheaper for them to replace it.

    This board is a fantastic resource for the diy'er and made my setup possible to do. Thanks everyone.

  12. #57
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Farmboy, I buy a lot of computer and electronic stuff from internet dealers. In fact a lot of the stuff is only available online. My wife runs a huge online business. I don't understand the above comments. Did you perceive that anyone said anything anti online dealer or anti diy here?
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  13. #58
    DIY Member farmboy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Hays View Post
    Farmboy, I buy a lot of computer and electronic stuff from internet dealers. In fact a lot of the stuff is only available online. My wife runs a huge online business. I don't understand the above comments. Did you perceive that anyone said anything anti online dealer or anti diy here?
    Wally, I think I am being misunderstood. This board and Gary's are were I didn't find that sort of anti on-line\diy attitude. I was being sarcastic towards those people who take that attitude on other sites on the INTERNET. Before I came to this board I didnt think it was possible to buy and install a softener and down the road be able to repair and maintain it. I was under the belief that I needed to call the Kinetico man and pay mucho $$ etc like I had in the past. I buy everything I can online and think it has really helped the common man do things that a few years ago would have been impossible. You are right as to things only being able to be found online cause it seems everthing I am looking for nobody has or can get if they have ever heard of it...

    I hope this clears it up. If not let me know and I will try some more splainin

  14. #59
    In the Trades Wally Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    652

    Default

    I was asking because a couple of posts back Gary threw the anti diy/dealer comment out there and I just plain have not seen it on this thread at all and was wondering if you felt that way also
    Perception is 3/4 of reality

  15. #60
    That's all folks! Gary Slusser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    Posts
    6,790

    Default

    Until just the last few 3-4 months this forum and others here was filled with anti DIYer and anti Gary Slusser types that have been banned; some numerous times with various names. Wally and Bob999 know all about that, it went on for a number of years until last summer/fall when one of the prime instigators, a Kinetico salesman from NW Oh and others were banned and all his and some others' posts were deleted. He and the others have gone to every forum I post in and stirred confrontation as best they can in an attempt to have me banned. They disagree with and complain about most everything I say or do like little kids; personal name calling and ridicule included. All I do is comment on or question what they say and off they go into what you are seeing in this thread and others.

    Here's a link as an example;
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...ty-size-advice
    Last edited by Gary Slusser; 06-14-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Similar Threads

  1. Clack WS 1 programming PLEASE HELP
    By ryanc in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
  2. Clack WS1 EE Programming
    By SmokedMeat in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 08:25 AM
  3. Help programming my Clack WS-1 (salt dose?)
    By Dorrough in forum Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 06:46 PM
  4. can I please get some shower faucet recomendations?
    By tjbaudio in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM
  5. Recomendations for a shower valve?
    By northman in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •