Custom Size Shower Bases

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I want to remove my bathtub and replace it with a shower base I can tile. The floor and shower walls. My bathtub measures 57 3/8" X 31". The closest base I can find is 60" X 32". Can I have a custom base made to fit my 57 3/8" opening or do I need to enlarge the wall opening for a 60" base? The 32" width is no problem just the length.

Walt

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Your bathtub is 60", you are measuring from finish wall to finish wall the tub fits against the framed wall.

John

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Swan makes a shower base that is 60x32 with the drain on one end.
Perfect for replacing a tub with.

It sounds like your tub is 60x32 now.

swan_3260R.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
www.schluter.com makes a tileable tub replacement base in two forms, one with the drain at one end, and another with it in the middle. I'd prefer this over a pre-formed base, but that's a personal preference. I think it would last longer, and look better. Check out their Kerdi system. If you decide to tile, check out www.johnbridge.com. Note, in either case, the drain line should be 2" for a shower - the tub is probably 1.5", so you should make some plumbing changes. Also, regardless of whose base you choose, you'd likely need to move the trap, since the location will vary a little from design to design.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks