Exposed rotor head pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

vaman

Reaction score
Here are two pictures that better explain my situation with the exposed rotor head. One shows the exposed head and the other shows the supply line. You experts toss around all kinds of terms about the supply line which I don't understand so I thought the picture would best explain the situation.I replaced the entire rotor head unit with the same model as the original and did nothing to the supply line. It is lying horizontal in the ground. Only thing I can think to do is cut the supply line and add some extra so I can bury it deeper.Ideas are appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC_0384.JPG
    DSC_0384.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC_0386.JPG
    DSC_0386.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 376

BRD

Reaction score
First thing to do is is to cap the fitting so dirt does not enter. The fitting appears to be connected to swing pipe which is very flexable. Dig back and expose the swing pipe for about 12" or so. this will give you room to lower the head a couple of inches. If the swing pipe is short where you do not have much flexability, you may have to dig back to the line that feeds it and lower it a bit. Put teflon tape on the fitting before replacing the head.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Black pipe is unusual so what you can do depends on whether the pipe is rigid or flexible, and how you could connect any revisions to it, since black pipes can seldom be glued.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks