sand point questions

Users who are viewing this thread

TAZZY9899

Reaction score
I have a home running very well on a 1.5 inch sand point @ 32' deep, static water level is at 20 feet and I get continuous 10-11 gpm on a witched flow point. I have a couple of questions. I would like to put in another point for irrigation and cannot find information on the recommended distance away from the first point to avoid interference with it's zone of influence. Second how much more flow could I expect from a 2" point on a 2" or 1.5" pipe. I have a .75 hp pump. Third has anyone used a jack hammer or a flushing head (cannot find one)to go down 35' through 2 layers of hard pan at 11 and 22'. It is a lot of work to pound with a 110lb weight. I have considered a drilled well but the drillers want to go either 70' into really bad water with high flow or 320' into the limestone layers. City water is 300 meters down the road so I don' want to spend big $$ yet. There is not allot of info around on these topics. Thanks Stephen........... Ps I also have a witched flow at 3' wide 14' above the static water level..could it sustain a pumped flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks