painting new drywall

Users who are viewing this thread

rrekih

Reaction score
I have done the first step by sealing the drywall using Cloverdale Paint’s Latex Hi Hide Drywall Sealer for drywall or masonry. Now I need to lightly sand before starting the top coats.

After sanding do I need to tack cloth the walls or just blow them off using compressed air?

Do I sand between the 2nd and 3rd (last) coat?

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Once you have done the final sanding on drywall, I don't understand why any furthere sanding is necessary. Did the instructions on your primer say to sand? You do not need to sand between topcoats. And why do you need two coats of topcoat? Most good wall paints will cover properly in one coat if you do it correctly.

As far as dust, any time you do sand, you must remove the dust before painting. Blowing with compressed air just spreads it around.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks