(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Washer stand pipe, trap, and drain within one stud bay

Threaded View

Default Washer stand pipe, trap, and drain within one stud bay

I'm re-plumbing our washing machine and am planning to use a sioux chief ox-box in the configuration shown in the picture. It's a 2*4 wall with studs placed 16" on center (so around 14 1/2" space between the studs). The instructions to the washing machine box say that everything should fit within the stud bay, but when I lay all of the parts out like in the picture, it takes up too much space. I was thinking I could angle the stand pipe a little bit or put in an offset on the standpipe to gain some space, but then it doesn't seem like the pipes wouldn't be seated squarely. Does anyone have any experience with these boxes or know why this configuration isn't working for me? Are there 2" p-traps that maybe take up less space? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images