Users who are viewing this thread

Terry Ray

Electrician
Reaction score
Ok the water test show the water coming out of my well are:
3.5 gpg Hardness
0.35 Iron
6 PH
We are having issues with stained laundry,occasional yellowish bath water,and sometimes the wife says the water smells.
Our Home is approximately 3000 SQ Ft. 21/2 Bathrooms
The plumbing to the house is 1.25" CPVC
The Well and pressure tank is out in the shop about 150' from the house
We have the following plumbing fixtures:
1 large soaking tub
1 regular tub
1 dual head shower
1 single head shower
3 Toilets
4 bathroom sinks
1 kitchen sink
1 faucet over the cooktop
1 dishwasher
1 washing machine
1 water heater
It is not uncommon for all three showerheads to be running at the same time as well as washer running too!
I could probably live with the 3.5 hardness but my wife wants very soft water (and lots of it:eek:)
I could use recommendations as to what kind of system should be used for our home that would be low maintenance and high quality.
Thanks in Advance,
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will need to find either a neutralizer or soda ash injection to correct the ph from the 6.0 to 7.3
After that you could use a softener to remove the hardness.. most likely a unit that has 1.5 cubic foot or 48K max capacity.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The iron level that you have is almost NOT there... staining level is .3ppm and you say you have .35ppm.... and if your neutrilizer is calcite then the iron could most likely be removed by it.
If there is iron after bringing the ph up then it should stay low and well with range of most good quality softeners.
I my self would stay away from Box Store systems and deal with a local company, the main reason if a challenge happens it is most likely to happen on a weekend.
Box Stores sell but no back up, internet is great but if you need help by some one coming out to work on the units that most likely will not happen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks