I have an office with computer equipment and I use a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) to prevent damage to the equipment and prevent data loss. On the back of the UPS is an LED that indicates wiring faults in the building. This LED lights (indicating a fault) up when load increases and can be anywhere from completely off to bright, depending on the number of appliances in use at the time on the circuit. This is the second UPS to indicate a wiring fault on this circuit. Appliances on the same circuit but not plugged into the UPS can also cause it to light up. The circuit seems to be wired with 14 gauge wiring, and the run to this room is probably around 100 feet.
I've also purchased one of those fairly inexpensive plug-in, LED, wire fault testers at my local hardware store. This device does not register a fault, even when the LED on the UPS is registering one. I've used the same UPS on other circuits in the house and they do not show a fault.
I'm wondering what this is indicating and if it can cause problems with my equipment.
Thanks for any advice you can give me