Ultramax II - not the greatest

Users who are viewing this thread

Raven4065

Reaction score
I installed an Ultramax II a week ago - 1.28 gallon. Looks great, flush mechanism works well. But then I had my first crap. It flushed the solids away just fine. However it left a mess on the bowl. 3 more flushes still didn't clean it, despite the super duper patented toto double cycle flush. Out came the toilet brush. Had another similar experience. I was regretting going with the extra low flush and believing the hype about the double cyclone flush. To my knowledge there is nothing unusual about my crap.
I talked to the distributor and learned a few things that toto does not seem to include in their literature or website.
- it is recommended that you sit at the back of the seat to increase the chance of hitting the water spot and not the porcelin. the seat is sort of designed to best fit your butt when you sit there. That seems to have made things better. If it's so important it would be nice if they mentioned it in the instructions !
- distributor also mentioned that some people flush first to "wet the bowl" before having a crap - haven't tried that,but it sure seems to defeat the purpose of extra low flush.

I also have an American Standard Champion 4 and I'd rate it higher than the Toto. I've never had to get out the toilet brush for it.

Geobrick

Reaction score
Do you have the CEFIONTECT finish on the Ultramax II?

I have a similar issue with an Ultramax (not II). I wanted the beige color and it wasn't available with CEFIONTECT. I should have waited or got a different model that was available with CEFIONTECT.

I also have a AS Champion 4 that doesn't have that problem, but it has AS's version of CEFIONTECT.

Most people on this forum strongly suggest getting the CEFIONTECT finish on the Totos.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
With many of the eco toilets, the water spot is smaller than the 3.5 or older toilets. The Toto seat is shaped the way it is to somewhat force you to sit back towards the back of the seat. If you do this, things tend to fall into the water, rather than the front or sides of the bowl. A high fiber diet helps, too...things get less sticky. Everyone's a little different, and your results will differ. The premium glaze available on some does make things more slippery, and stuff washes off easier.

Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com
Sadly, Toto has maketed the CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone horribly for what it is. CEFIONTECT makes it so that you do not need to use harsh chemicals to get the surface clean. Sadly is does not mean you never have to clean it. Double Cyclone flushing means that every part of the bowl is rinsed with water, leaving no urine splash or TP on the bowl surface. This does not mean you will not have to use a brush to remove fecal stains that are out of the water. Stains inside the water will be deluted and come off in time with the next flush. Think dirty dishes soaking in the sink.

All of this comes from what a Toto engineer told me a couple months ago.

Raven4065

Reaction score
Yes the Ultramax 2 has the CEFIONTECT. That was another reason I chose it over the regular ultramax. It would be nice to do a "side by side" scientific test to compare the two products - that would be a true "consumer report" test. Much better than just comparing all the specifications and claims.

by the way, my reason for changing out my reliable 25 year old high flow toilet was driven by decor not water savings (out with the bone, in with the white).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks