Fridge Water Line Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

bobloblaw

Reaction score
I have 1/4 inch PEX to the rear of the fridge. How do I connect the PEX to the fridge fitting which is a 1/4 inch copper compression fitting?

bobloblaw

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

The problem i have is the OD of 1/4 inch PEX is 3/8. The fridge compression fitting is for 1/4 od copper. So I need to transition from the PEX to either 1/4 inch copper or 1/4 inch stainless flex line. I should note that I need an additional 4 feet of line from the end of the PEX to the fridge

Bob

Bpetey

Reaction score
why not install an icebox valve in the wall then connect the fridge line to that. you can find a plastic box with valve at any big box store for about 25.00, then you can shut the water off at the fridge if you ever need to move it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The icebox connection is the way to go all right.
Get the one with the water hammer arrestor, otherwise the tubing will be moving quite a bit everytime the ice tray finishes filling.

icemaker_box.jpg

bobloblaw

Reaction score
I like the ice box connection but the walls are built.

I should have mentioned the 1/4 inch PEX is coming from a 3/8 OD compression ball valve at the sink. The fridge is 10 feet away. Brass Craft list an ice maker connector 240 inches long with a 3/8 compression x 1/4 compression connectors Part Number B1-240IM. This connector would solve my problem but calls to three plumbing supply houses and Brass Craft brought no joy. Anybody know where i might get this part?

Bob

Asktom

Reaction score
This may also be difficult to locate, but another option is an adapter from 3/8" female compression to 1/4" compression. The Larsen number is 17-6754, but may also be available from other distributers. You could also change the valve under the sink to one with a 1/4" compression outlet.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Or you could just get a 3/8" comp. X 1/4" comp. Brass union and connect the two ! !

But be sure to use the inserts TERRY posted about ! !

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A 3/8 x 1/4 compression union/coupling, and a 60" 1/4x1/4 stainless steel flexible connector and a 1/4 x 1/4 compression coupling at the refrigerator.

jimdeprado

Reaction score
Icemaker box

Where would I get one of these. I have checked all of the big box stores around and none of them have the one with the hammer arrestors.

Thanks,

Jim

The icebox connection is the way to go all right.
Get the one with the water hammer arrestor, otherwise the tubing will be moving quite a bit everytime the ice tray finishes filling.

icemaker_box.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks