I need help with a pump calculation

Users who are viewing this thread

mishomi

Reaction score
I live behind an industrial mine, and my water level is 330ft, with 500ft of well depth (170' of water).

I am interested in a tiny, small capacity pump, in the order of 115v, 12A, 1/2HP.

However, the pump says it is good for 230ft. max of head. The pump says it is good for 10GPM.

I am not concerned with 10GPM, even if I am able to fire up a small generator for 5 minutes and get a gallon of water, I will be happy. The key here is the ability to use a small generator to power this well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 5 GPM 1/2 HP will do about 3 GPM from 330', with no pressure. If the water pulls down close to 400', that pump will not be able to lift from that far. You may need a 3/4 HP if you want pressure from 330', or water from 400'. A 3 wire motor with a capacitor start box will strart easier from a generator. And you may want to go 240 Volt as it will pull half the amperage and use smaller wire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks