Pipe Route Question

Users who are viewing this thread

ptomt77

Designer
Reaction score
In the attached drawing, I show a proposed pipe route for a 2" dwv from a bathroom sink to the main stack in a 2nd floor bathroom. I would like to know if the route is permissable and of not, can someone give me instructions on a better route.

I can not go straight and "put-in" a new stack due to existing heating ducts.

Also I would like thank everyone on this forum. I have learned alot just from reading the questions and answers.

Attachments

• Plumbing Questio&#11.pdf
    7.4 KB · Views: 238

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That isn't a wet vent situation there.
The sink or lav needs a vent at the sink location. The vent needs to take off at the level of the trap arm, not the floor. Unless you are using an AAV there, the vent needs to go through the roof.

You can't use two 90's, through the joists, you would be better off with two 45's and cutting a slot in the joist to allow for that.
The less change in direction the better. Any horizontal change of direction more than 135 degrees requires a cleanout. Two 90's is 180 degrees.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks